Sun-Drop Race Team Apparel Goes Green with REPREVE® Recycled Fiber from Unifi
For Release: 5/20/2009
GREENSBORO, NC --Unifi, Inc. (NYSE: UFI) announced today that REPREVE® will be featured in the new line of Sun-Drop race team and branded apparel. Sun-Drop will sponsor the No. 01 car at the CARQUEST Auto Parts 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series Race on Saturday, May 23, 2009 at Lowe's Motor Speedway. This will be the first NASCAR sponsorship for Sun-Drop since the late Dale Earnhardt. This time behind the wheel is Danny O'Quinn, Jr., the 2006 NASCAR Busch Series Rookie of the Year.
"I am proud to be associated with Sun-Drop and the REPREVE brand," said Danny O'Quinn, Jr., driver of the JD Motorsport's 01 Chervrolet Impala. "This is a great opportunity to raise the visibility of recycling and this partnership will show fans how curbside recycling can make a difference, even in the clothes we wear."
"As a bottling company, we understand the impact our products have on the environment, so it's extremely important for us to take a proactive role in educating our customers on how we can all make a big difference," said Jay Falls, President of Choice USA Beverage, Inc. "In addition to selling Sun-Drop apparel made with REPREVE, part of our education plan includes the promotion of the REPREVE brand on both the Sun-Drop race car and show car. Our customers are very loyal to the Sun-Drop brand and we are confident that our initatives will resonate within the entire NASCAR community.
In an effort to bring a little race excitement to the fans, Sun-Drop race team will be on tour with the Sun-Drop show car throughout the rest of the year. Fans are encouraged to look for Sun-Drop race team apparel featuring recycled REPREVE as the Sun-Drop show car and trailer make stops are various retail locations across the Southeast.
"We are very happy to be a part of Sun-Drop's re-entry into racing and look forward to expanding our partnership," said Roger Berrier, executive vice president of Unifi, Inc. REPREVE is a family of 100% recycled fibers used to make fabrics suitable for many different products. REPREVE reduces energy consumption and conserves petroluem-based resources by offsetting the need to produce virgin fibers. For more information on REPREVE, please visit www.repreve.com.
Unifi, Inc. (NYSE: UFI) is a diversified producer and processor of multi-filament polyester and nylon textured yarns and related raw materials. The Company adds value to the supply chain and enhances consumer demand for its products through the development and introduction of branded yarns that provide unique performance, comfort and aesthetic advantages. Key Unifi brands include, but are not limited to: AIO® - all-in-one performance yarns, SORBTEK®, A.M.Y.®, MYNX® UV, REPREVE®, REFLEXX®, MICROVISTA® and SATURA®. Unifi's yarns and brands are readily found in home furnishings, apparel, legwear, and sewing thread, as well as industrial, automotive, military, and medical applications. For more information about Unifi, visit www.unifi.com, or to learn more about REPREVE®, visit www.repreve.com.
Download This Release
- Unifi Purchases Additional Texturing Assets
- Unifi and Palmetto Synthetics, LLC Establish a Manufacturing and Distribution Agreement for REPREVE®: REPREVE® Staple Fiber NAFTA and Berry Amendment Compliant
- SCS Global Services Certifies Unifi’s Repreve® Recycled Polyester Yarn and PET Resins as “Responsible Source” Products
- Unifi’s REPREVE® Brand is First-Time Sponsor of X Games Aspen, Elena Hight Teams Up with REPREVE to Promote a Greener Lifestyle
- America Recycles Day Survey Says: Americans Feel They're Not Doing Enough for the Environment
- Within Its First Year, 14 Million Plastic Bottles Recycled into Haggar Clothing Co.'s LK Life Khaki™ Brand Made with REPREVE®
- Unifi Takes Active Role in Sustaining Manufacturing in the Americas- Congress Passes Correction to Free Trade Legislation
- Polartec®, Norrøna Partner with REPREVE® to Create First-of-its-Kind 100-Percent Recycled Garment
- Lauren Conrad launches her Blue Avocado XO(eco) collection made with REPREVE
- From Waste to Wow! Repreve® Featured in Swimwear from Eco Swim™ by Aqua Green™
- Industry Leaders Come Together to Initiate a Closed Loop Program
- Fusion Customers to Support Eco-Charities, Help Ford through REPREVE Save 2 Million Plastic Bottles from Landfills
- Spring Commencements Go Green Giving New Life to Nearly Seven Million Bottles
- Unifi partners with Greensboro Children's Museum on 'Larger Than Life' Exhibit
- Ford, REPREVE to Recycle 2 Million Plastic Bottles Back into the New 2012 Focus Electric and Other Vehicles
- Ford Chooses REPREVE Branded Fiber for Seat Fabric in 2012 Ford Focus Electric
- Seat Fabric in All-New Ford Focus Electric Uses Waste To Create a Better World
- Unifi Hosts Senator Richard Burr and Congressman Brad Miller
- Unifi Launches the REPREVE® Textile Takeback Program- Polartec to team up with Unifi in a first of its kind recycling program
- SustainU Launches 100 Percent Recycled Clothing Line for Boy Scouts
- Unifi and REPREVE® Award Grants to Four Keep America Beautiful Affiliates
- Valley Forge Fabrics, one of the many brands recognized at Unifi’s REPREVE® Recycling center ribbon cutting
- Unifi Celebrates the Grand Opening of its REPREVE® Recycling Center
- Unifi Celebrates 40th Anniversary with Dedication to Founder Allen Mebane
- Ribbon Cutting Marks the Opening of Unifi Central America
- Unifi Textiles (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. Expands Sustainable Product Line with Introduction of REPREVE® Recycled Fully Drawn Filament Polyester
- Haggar Chooses Unifi’s REPREVE® Recycled Fiber for “Green” Line of Pants
- SunBelt Biofuels Business acquired by REPREVE Renewables
- Unifi Expands Commitment to Sustainability
- REPREVE Helps Designers Design a Better World
- Unifi Celebrates 40th Anniversary of Earth Day through Education
- Rest Assured with Bekaert Textile’s New Collection Made with REPREVE®
- Polartec, LLC and Unifi Announce Partnership
- Unifi Continues to Grow Globally
- Unifi Featured on CNBC’s Sustainability Series -People, Planet & Profit
- REPREVE® and BlueAvocado Join Forces to Educate Consumers on "What's Out, Is In"
- Unifi Chosen for Travel Channel’s “Extreme Mega Factories” Television Segment
- INVISTA’s CORDURA® Brand Team Unveils New Sustainable Fabric
- The REPREVE® Recycled Fiber Family Just Keeps Growing: REPREVE® now available with 100% Post-Consumer PET Bottles
- Sun-Drop Race Team Apparel Goes Green with REPREVE® Recycled Fiber from Unifi
- Unifi Introduces First Recycled Polyester Fiber with Inherent Flame Retardant Technology: Momentum Textiles Selects Unifi's New Repreve® FR for Contract Line
- Unifi Expands the REPREVE® Product Offering with the Introduction of REPREVE® Polyester Staple Fiber: 100% Recycled Polyester Staple Fiber is the Newest Addition to the REPREVE® Family
- Unifi Announces Online Fabric Certification for Branded Products
- Television Series "How It's Made" to Feature Unifi's REPREVE® Yarn in January 2009: First Airing Dates Announced
- The HON Company Introduces REPREVE® Recycled Yarns to its Seating Fabrics: The Use of New 100-Percent Recycled Polyester Yarns Fits Comfortably, and Fashionably, into HON's Ongoing Environmental Journey
- Unifi's 100% Recycled REPREVE® Nylon 6,6 Now Available in China
- Unifi Launches Repreve.com: New Eco-Focused Site Engages Consumers in Recycled Product, Supporting the Environment
- Unifi's REPREVE® 100% Recycled Yarn Now Available in Nylon 6,6: Leading Synthetic Yarn Producer to Launch Recycled Nylon Product at Outdoor Retailer Show
- Unifi's REPREVE® Yarn Selected for the Television Series "How It's Made": First U.S. Textile Mill to Appear on Show