Unifi partners with Greensboro Children's Museum on 'Larger Than Life' Exhibit
For Release: 4/13/2012
Greensboro, NC --The Greensboro Children’s Museum is thrilled to announce that its newest exhibit, “Larger-Than-Life” will open to the public on Friday, April 27th. The grand opening ribbon cutting is scheduled for 6pm. The “Larger-Than-Life” exhibit was developed through a collaboration with UNCG’s Interior Architecture department. Graduate and undergraduate students have worked to design and build the new permanent exhibit, which playfully redefines the prototypical “park” as an interactive landscape for imagination- from a bug’s perspective! Children can follow their natural sense of curiosity as they venture through sky high blades of musical grass, scale mounds of stepped terrain, and slide through an exaggerated exhibition of our natural world. This exhibit, made possible by the support of UNCG’s Advancement of Teaching and Learning Grant and Unifi Manufacturing, Inc., is considered the first of many future installations, resulting from an ongoing partnership between UNCG and the Greensboro Children’s Museum. The project was led by Jonathon Anderson, Assistant Professor of Interior Architecture at University of North Carolina Greensboro.
"We are delighted to be the benefactor of this amazing collaboration between the university, a local manufacturer and our nonprofit" said Marian King, CEO of the Greensboro Children's Museum. "We are grateful to both UNCG and Unifi Manufacturing for making it possible. This is a wonderful example of members of the community pooling their resources and talents to benefit the community as a whole. The students' talent, enthusiasm and ability to incorporate the mission and values of the Children's Museum into the design was most impressive and we can't wait to share the “Larger-Than-Life” exhibit with the community."
"The Larger-Than-Life" exhibit at the Greensboro Children's Museum is a prime example of how UNCG's Interior Architecture program is committed to design/build and community engaged project” said Jonathan Anderson. It has been a wonderful collaboration with the Museum and the start of a venture that seeks to design/build several more projects together. I am honored to have worked on this project with some of the most talented and dedicated students I know - a special thanks to them as this project would not have been completed without then! I want to thank UNCG's Advancement of Teaching and Learning Grant and Unifi Manufacturing, Inc., as without their generous contributions we would have never been able to realize this truly amazing exhibition."
Please join us at the grand opening ribbon cutting on Friday, April 27th at 6:00pm. Hide, seek, and discover the Greensboro Children’s Museum through this “Larger-Than-Life” exhibit experience!
On Fridays, admission to the Greensboro Children’s Museum is $4.00 after 5:00pm and free for GCM members; UNCG students can attend for free with a student ID.
About The Greensboro Children’s Musuem: The Greensboro Children’s Museum Mission is to provide children and their families with fun, interactive educational experiences that enrich their daily lives, contributing to their growth and development. The Greensboro Children’s Museum (GCM) is a hands-on, interactive museum for children, their families and teachers. The Museum is designed to inspire learning through play in a fun, energetic and safe environment for children up to 10 years of age. The 37,000 square foot facility in downtown Greensboro, NC includes over 20 permanent hands-on exhibits in “Our Town” and a new outdoor Edible Schoolyard that are designed to stimulate children’s imaginations and provide educational play experiences. It's where play is a smart adventure! The Greensboro Children’s Museum is a registered 501c 3, non-profit organization.
Unifi, Inc. (NYSE: UFI) is a diversified producer and processor of multi-filament polyester and nylon textured yarns and related raw materials. The Company adds value to the supply chain and enhances consumer demand for its products through the development and introduction of branded yarns that provide unique performance, comfort and aesthetic advantages. Key Unifi brands include, but are not limited to: AIO® - all-in-one performance yarns, SORBTEK®, A.M.Y.®, MYNX® UV, REPREVE®, REFLEXX®, MICROVISTA® and SATURA®. Unifi's yarns and brands are readily found in home furnishings, apparel, legwear, and sewing thread, as well as industrial, automotive, military, and medical applications. For more information about Unifi, visit www.Unifi.com, or to learn more about REPREVE®, visit www.Repreve.com.
Download This Release
- Unifi Takes Active Role in Sustaining Manufacturing in the Americas- Congress Passes Correction to Free Trade Legislation
- Fusion Customers to Support Eco-Charities, Help Ford through REPREVE Save 2 Million Plastic Bottles from Landfills
- Spring Commencements Go Green Giving New Life to Nearly Seven Million Bottles
- Unifi partners with Greensboro Children's Museum on 'Larger Than Life' Exhibit
- Ford, REPREVE to Recycle 2 Million Plastic Bottles Back into the New 2012 Focus Electric and Other Vehicles
- Seat Fabric in All-New Ford Focus Electric Uses Waste To Create a Better World
- Unifi Hosts Senator Richard Burr and Congressman Brad Miller
- Unifi Launches the REPREVE® Textile Takeback Program- Polartec to team up with Unifi in a first of its kind recycling program
- Unifi Celebrates the Grand Opening of its REPREVE® Recycling Center
- Unifi Celebrates 40th Anniversary with Dedication to Founder Allen Mebane
- Ribbon Cutting Marks the Opening of Unifi Central America
- Unifi Textiles (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. Expands Sustainable Product Line with Introduction of REPREVE® Recycled Fully Drawn Filament Polyester
- Haggar Chooses Unifi’s REPREVE® Recycled Fiber for “Green” Line of Pants
- SunBelt Biofuels Business acquired by REPREVE Renewables
- Unifi Expands Commitment to Sustainability
- REPREVE Helps Designers Design a Better World
- Unifi Celebrates 40th Anniversary of Earth Day through Education
- Rest Assured with Bekaert Textile’s New Collection Made with REPREVE®
- Polartec, LLC and Unifi Announce Partnership
- Unifi Continues to Grow Globally
- Unifi Featured on CNBC’s Sustainability Series -People, Planet & Profit
- REPREVE® and BlueAvocado Join Forces to Educate Consumers on "What's Out, Is In"
- Unifi Chosen for Travel Channel’s “Extreme Mega Factories” Television Segment
- INVISTA’s CORDURA® Brand Team Unveils New Sustainable Fabric
- The REPREVE® Recycled Fiber Family Just Keeps Growing: REPREVE® now available with 100% Post-Consumer PET Bottles
- Sun-Drop Race Team Apparel Goes Green with REPREVE® Recycled Fiber from Unifi
- Unifi Introduces First Recycled Polyester Fiber with Inherent Flame Retardant Technology: Momentum Textiles Selects Unifi's New Repreve® FR for Contract Line
- Unifi Expands the REPREVE® Product Offering with the Introduction of REPREVE® Polyester Staple Fiber: 100% Recycled Polyester Staple Fiber is the Newest Addition to the REPREVE® Family
- Unifi Announces Online Fabric Certification for Branded Products
- Television Series "How It's Made" to Feature Unifi's REPREVE® Yarn in January 2009: First Airing Dates Announced
- The HON Company Introduces REPREVE® Recycled Yarns to its Seating Fabrics: The Use of New 100-Percent Recycled Polyester Yarns Fits Comfortably, and Fashionably, into HON's Ongoing Environmental Journey
- Unifi's 100% Recycled REPREVE® Nylon 6,6 Now Available in China
- Unifi Launches Repreve.com: New Eco-Focused Site Engages Consumers in Recycled Product, Supporting the Environment
- Unifi's REPREVE® 100% Recycled Yarn Now Available in Nylon 6,6: Leading Synthetic Yarn Producer to Launch Recycled Nylon Product at Outdoor Retailer Show
- Unifi's REPREVE® Yarn Selected for the Television Series "How It's Made": First U.S. Textile Mill to Appear on Show