INVISTA’s CORDURA® Brand Team Unveils New Sustainable Fabric
For Release: 7/22/2009
Greensboro, NC --INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand team unveils the CORDURA® EcoMade fabric collection at the Summer OR 2009 market. This new collection highlights INVISTA’s continuing commitment to provide durable fabrics that exemplify the Enduring Materials pillar of its CORDURA® Cares sustainability platform. The other pillars of the CORDURA® Cares sustainability platform are Sustainable Performance and Corporate Responsibility.
CORDURA® EcoMade fabrics are made with REPREVE® recycled polyester yarns that are specifically engineered to meet the performance and durability specifications of CORDURA® branded fabric. REPREVE® recycled polyester fibers are traceable, transparent and certified through Unifi's U TRUSTTM verification program. REPREVE® fibers are third-party certified for recycled content through Scientific Certification Systems (SCS) as well as certified to the international Oeko-Tex 100 Standard†. The process to make CORDURA® EcoMade fabric reduces energy consumption and extends the useful life of polyester.
“The release of our new CORDURA® EcoMade fabric collection is a great addition to our CORDURA® Cares sustainability platform,” says Cindy McNaull, global CORDURA® brand manager. “We look forward to continuing to offer products with environmental benefits – like recycled content – while maintaining the attributes of strength and durability that CORDURA® fabrics are known for.”
The CORDURA® Cares platform focuses on aspects such as minimizing waste through recycling, reducing energy consumption during production, and using components that both benefit the environment and provide the durability and quality CORDURA® brand fabrics are known for. The CORDURA® EcoMade fabric collection is an ideal fit due to use of recycled yarns and the reduction in energy consumption. The tagline for the new fabric collection -“Turn Discarded into Durable” reinforces the importance of making durable fabrics for a sustainable world.
As part of the CORDURA® Cares program launch at the Outdoor Retailer Summer 09 market, backpacks made with CORDURA® EcoMade fabric will be provided to participants to help encourage and foster a life-long passion for the great outdoors.
To learn more, visit www.CORDURA.com/corduracares.
REPREVE® is a trademark of UNIFI, Inc. and is registered with US Patent and Trademark office and with others. U TRUST™ is a trademark of UNIFI, Inc. U TRUST™, SCS, and Oeko-Tex certifications can be obtained and verified by UNIFI, Inc.
About CORDURA® Brand
CORDURA® brand is the registered trademark of INVISTA for durable fabrics. Known for its resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs, CORDURA® fabric is used in a wide range of products, including luggage, backpacks, boots, military wear and performance apparel. For more information, visit www.CORDURA.com.
INVISTA is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications, a business presence in over 20 countries, INVISTA’s global businesses deliver exceptional value for their customers through technology innovations, market insights and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including: ADI-PURE®, ANTRON®, AVORA®, C12™, COMFOREL®, COOLMAX®, CORDURA®, CORFREE®, DACRON®, DBE®, DYTEK®, FRESHFX™, LYCRA®, PERFORMA™, POLARGUARD®, POLYSHIELD®, POLYCLEAR®, SOLARMAX®, STAINMASTER®, SUPPLEX®, SUPRIVA®, TACTEL®, TACTESSE®, TERATE®, TERATHANE® and THERMOLITE®. For more information, visit www.INVISTA.com.
Unifi, Inc. (NYSE: UFI) is a diversified producer and processor of multi-filament polyester and nylon textured yarns and related raw materials. The Company adds value to the supply chain and enhances consumer demand for its products through the development and introduction of branded yarns that provide unique performance, comfort and aesthetic advantages. Key Unifi brands include, but are not limited to: AIO® - all-in-one performance yarns, SORBTEK®, A.M.Y.®, MYNX® UV, REPREVE®, REFLEXX®, MICROVISTA® and SATURA®. Unifi's yarns and brands are readily found in home furnishings, apparel, legwear, and sewing thread, as well as industrial, automotive, military, and medical applications. For more information about Unifi, visit www.unifi.com, or to learn more about REPREVE®, visit www.repreve.com.
- Unifi Expands REPREVE Global Availability and Product Offerings
Unifi Textiles (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. (UTSC) will manage new distribution channels out of Suzhou, P.R. China
- The University of North Carolina Football Program Goes Green with REPREVE®
- DETROIT LIONS TEAM UP WITH REPREVE® FOR SECOND YEAR
- Unifi Celebrates Expansion of State-of-the-Art REPREVE® Recycling Center
- REPREVE® Transforms Nearly 60 Million Recycled Plastic Bottles into Graduation Caps and Gowns
- Unifi Expands Polyester Texturing Capacity to Support Regional Growth
- The Detroit Lions and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Athletics Join REPREVE® #TurnItGreen™ Week
- REPREVE® and Marvel Universe LIVE! Kick Off National Youth Recycling Campaign
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Joins the REPREVE® #TurnItGreen Campaign
- Unifi Textiles (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. (UTSC) Highlights SORBTEK® Staple
- Quiksilver Expands REPREVE® Product Line
- The Detroit Lions are First NFL Team to Join With REPREVE®
- REPREVE® Recycling Center Expands Due to New Customer Adoptions
- Unifi Purchases Additional Texturing Assets
- Unifi and Palmetto Synthetics, LLC Establish a Manufacturing and Distribution Agreement for REPREVE®: REPREVE® Staple Fiber NAFTA and Berry Amendment Compliant
- SCS Global Services Certifies Unifi’s Repreve® Recycled Polyester Yarn and PET Resins as “Responsible Source” Products
- Unifi’s REPREVE® Brand is First-Time Sponsor of X Games Aspen, Elena Hight Teams Up with REPREVE to Promote a Greener Lifestyle
- America Recycles Day Survey Says: Americans Feel They're Not Doing Enough for the Environment
- Within Its First Year, 14 Million Plastic Bottles Recycled into Haggar Clothing Co.'s LK Life Khaki™ Brand Made with REPREVE®
- Unifi Takes Active Role in Sustaining Manufacturing in the Americas- Congress Passes Correction to Free Trade Legislation
- Polartec®, Norrøna Partner with REPREVE® to Create First-of-its-Kind 100-Percent Recycled Garment
- Lauren Conrad launches her Blue Avocado XO(eco) collection made with REPREVE
- From Waste to Wow! Repreve® Featured in Swimwear from Eco Swim™ by Aqua Green™
- Industry Leaders Come Together to Initiate a Closed Loop Program
- Fusion Customers to Support Eco-Charities, Help Ford through REPREVE Save 2 Million Plastic Bottles from Landfills
- Spring Commencements Go Green Giving New Life to Nearly Seven Million Bottles
- Unifi partners with Greensboro Children's Museum on 'Larger Than Life' Exhibit
- Ford, REPREVE to Recycle 2 Million Plastic Bottles Back into the New 2012 Focus Electric and Other Vehicles
- Ford Chooses REPREVE Branded Fiber for Seat Fabric in 2012 Ford Focus Electric
- Seat Fabric in All-New Ford Focus Electric Uses Waste To Create a Better World
- Unifi Hosts Senator Richard Burr and Congressman Brad Miller
- Unifi Launches the REPREVE® Textile Takeback Program- Polartec to team up with Unifi in a first of its kind recycling program
- SustainU Launches 100 Percent Recycled Clothing Line for Boy Scouts
- Unifi and REPREVE® Award Grants to Four Keep America Beautiful Affiliates
- Valley Forge Fabrics, one of the many brands recognized at Unifi’s REPREVE® Recycling center ribbon cutting
- Unifi Celebrates the Grand Opening of its REPREVE® Recycling Center
- Unifi Celebrates 40th Anniversary with Dedication to Founder Allen Mebane
- Ribbon Cutting Marks the Opening of Unifi Central America
- Unifi Textiles (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. Expands Sustainable Product Line with Introduction of REPREVE® Recycled Fully Drawn Filament Polyester
- Haggar Chooses Unifi’s REPREVE® Recycled Fiber for “Green” Line of Pants
- SunBelt Biofuels Business acquired by REPREVE Renewables
- Unifi Expands Commitment to Sustainability
- REPREVE Helps Designers Design a Better World
- Unifi Celebrates 40th Anniversary of Earth Day through Education
- Rest Assured with Bekaert Textile’s New Collection Made with REPREVE®
- Polartec, LLC and Unifi Announce Partnership
- Unifi Continues to Grow Globally
- Unifi Featured on CNBC’s Sustainability Series -People, Planet & Profit
- REPREVE® and BlueAvocado Join Forces to Educate Consumers on "What's Out, Is In"
- Unifi Chosen for Travel Channel’s “Extreme Mega Factories” Television Segment
- INVISTA’s CORDURA® Brand Team Unveils New Sustainable Fabric
- The REPREVE® Recycled Fiber Family Just Keeps Growing: REPREVE® now available with 100% Post-Consumer PET Bottles
- Sun-Drop Race Team Apparel Goes Green with REPREVE® Recycled Fiber from Unifi
- Unifi Introduces First Recycled Polyester Fiber with Inherent Flame Retardant Technology: Momentum Textiles Selects Unifi's New Repreve® FR for Contract Line
- Unifi Expands the REPREVE® Product Offering with the Introduction of REPREVE® Polyester Staple Fiber: 100% Recycled Polyester Staple Fiber is the Newest Addition to the REPREVE® Family
- Unifi Announces Online Fabric Certification for Branded Products
- Television Series "How It's Made" to Feature Unifi's REPREVE® Yarn in January 2009: First Airing Dates Announced
- The HON Company Introduces REPREVE® Recycled Yarns to its Seating Fabrics: The Use of New 100-Percent Recycled Polyester Yarns Fits Comfortably, and Fashionably, into HON's Ongoing Environmental Journey
- Unifi's 100% Recycled REPREVE® Nylon 6,6 Now Available in China
- Unifi Launches Repreve.com: New Eco-Focused Site Engages Consumers in Recycled Product, Supporting the Environment
- Unifi's REPREVE® 100% Recycled Yarn Now Available in Nylon 6,6: Leading Synthetic Yarn Producer to Launch Recycled Nylon Product at Outdoor Retailer Show
- Unifi's REPREVE® Yarn Selected for the Television Series "How It's Made": First U.S. Textile Mill to Appear on Show