Unifi Launches Repreve.com: New Eco-Focused Site Engages Consumers in Recycled Product, Supporting the Environment
For Release: 9/15/2008
GREENSBORO, NC --Unifi, Inc. (NYSE: UFI), a diversified producer and processor of polyester and nylon yarns, unveiled a new consumer-focused, interactive website as part of its new "REPREVE®. For the Planet." campaign. The new website, www.Repreve.com, is focused on educating users about the positive environmental benefits of REPREVE®, Unifi's family of 100% recycled yarns, and the importance of resource and energy conservation and recycling. The interactive site allows users to explore, learn and engage in helping the environment.
The REPREVE® website is just one of the many initiatives that Unifi is introducing under its new "REPREVE®. For the Planet" campaign, which supports Unifi's ongoing initiatives in providing the market with sustainable textile solutions. As part of the initiative, the website will educate and build awareness among the textile industry and end-consumers about the environmental benefits of Repreve® recycled yarns and the connection between industry and the environment.
"Unifi is taking a unique and transparent approach in educating consumers and the industry about the benefits of REPREVE® recycled yarns while involving them in the process of doing more in supporting environmental efforts," said Roger Berrier, executive vice president for Unifi. "The new website will serve as a foundation for our current and future efforts, and reinforces our commitment to protecting and conserving our environment and the planet's natural resources."
Key features of the new site include:
• What is REPREVE®? - Describes what makes REPREVE® unique from other recycled yarns, and provides a detailed illustration on how the recycled product is made.
• How Green is REPREVE®? - Informs users of the eco-benefits of REPREVE® and environment and resource conservation.
• REPREVE® Gives Back - Unifi has pledged to donate one percent of its annual REPREVE® sales to support environmental causes through 1% For The Planet. Consumers can help Unifi determine how the donation is divided among selected environmental causes. To vote, consumers enter a code found on the REPREVE® hang tag from a branded REPREVE® product found in stores.
• Where to Find REPREVE® - Lists brands made with REPREVE® recycled yarns. "Giving back to support environmental causes is simply the right thing to do. These organizations will work to better our communities and lands for the generations to come," said Berrier. "Consumers today are more passionate about the environment and we wanted to involve them in directing our environmental donation. Consumers can now log on and vote for the environmental cause they believe in."
Unifi, Inc. (NYSE: UFI) is a diversified producer and processor of multi-filament polyester and nylon textured yarns and related raw materials. The Company adds value to the supply chain and enhances consumer demand for its products through the development and introduction of branded yarns that provide unique performance, comfort and aesthetic advantages. Key Unifi brands include, but are not limited to: AIO® - all-in-one performance yarns, SORBTEK®, A.M.Y.®, MYNX® UV, REPREVE®, REFLEXX®, MICROVISTA® and SATURA®. Unifi's yarns and brands are readily found in home furnishings, apparel, legwear, and sewing thread, as well as industrial, automotive, military, and medical applications. For more information about Unifi, visit www.Unifi.com, or to learn more about REPREVE®, visit www.Repreve.com.
- Unifi Takes Active Role in Sustaining Manufacturing in the Americas- Congress Passes Correction to Free Trade Legislation
- Fusion Customers to Support Eco-Charities, Help Ford through REPREVE Save 2 Million Plastic Bottles from Landfills
- Spring Commencements Go Green Giving New Life to Nearly Seven Million Bottles
- Unifi partners with Greensboro Children's Museum on 'Larger Than Life' Exhibit
- Ford, REPREVE to Recycle 2 Million Plastic Bottles Back into the New 2012 Focus Electric and Other Vehicles
- Seat Fabric in All-New Ford Focus Electric Uses Waste To Create a Better World
- Unifi Hosts Senator Richard Burr and Congressman Brad Miller
- Unifi Launches the REPREVE® Textile Takeback Program- Polartec to team up with Unifi in a first of its kind recycling program
- Unifi Celebrates the Grand Opening of its REPREVE® Recycling Center
- Unifi Celebrates 40th Anniversary with Dedication to Founder Allen Mebane
- Ribbon Cutting Marks the Opening of Unifi Central America
- Unifi Textiles (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. Expands Sustainable Product Line with Introduction of REPREVE® Recycled Fully Drawn Filament Polyester
- Haggar Chooses Unifi’s REPREVE® Recycled Fiber for “Green” Line of Pants
- SunBelt Biofuels Business acquired by REPREVE Renewables
- Unifi Expands Commitment to Sustainability
- REPREVE Helps Designers Design a Better World
- Unifi Celebrates 40th Anniversary of Earth Day through Education
- Rest Assured with Bekaert Textile’s New Collection Made with REPREVE®
- Polartec, LLC and Unifi Announce Partnership
- Unifi Continues to Grow Globally
- Unifi Featured on CNBC’s Sustainability Series -People, Planet & Profit
- REPREVE® and BlueAvocado Join Forces to Educate Consumers on "What's Out, Is In"
- Unifi Chosen for Travel Channel’s “Extreme Mega Factories” Television Segment
- INVISTA’s CORDURA® Brand Team Unveils New Sustainable Fabric
- The REPREVE® Recycled Fiber Family Just Keeps Growing: REPREVE® now available with 100% Post-Consumer PET Bottles
- Sun-Drop Race Team Apparel Goes Green with REPREVE® Recycled Fiber from Unifi
- Unifi Introduces First Recycled Polyester Fiber with Inherent Flame Retardant Technology: Momentum Textiles Selects Unifi's New Repreve® FR for Contract Line
- Unifi Expands the REPREVE® Product Offering with the Introduction of REPREVE® Polyester Staple Fiber: 100% Recycled Polyester Staple Fiber is the Newest Addition to the REPREVE® Family
- Unifi Announces Online Fabric Certification for Branded Products
- Television Series "How It's Made" to Feature Unifi's REPREVE® Yarn in January 2009: First Airing Dates Announced
- The HON Company Introduces REPREVE® Recycled Yarns to its Seating Fabrics: The Use of New 100-Percent Recycled Polyester Yarns Fits Comfortably, and Fashionably, into HON's Ongoing Environmental Journey
- Unifi's 100% Recycled REPREVE® Nylon 6,6 Now Available in China
- Unifi Launches Repreve.com: New Eco-Focused Site Engages Consumers in Recycled Product, Supporting the Environment
- Unifi's REPREVE® 100% Recycled Yarn Now Available in Nylon 6,6: Leading Synthetic Yarn Producer to Launch Recycled Nylon Product at Outdoor Retailer Show
- Unifi's REPREVE® Yarn Selected for the Television Series "How It's Made": First U.S. Textile Mill to Appear on Show