The HON Company Introduces REPREVE® Recycled Yarns to its Seating Fabrics: The Use of New 100-Percent Recycled Polyester Yarns Fits Comfortably, and Fashionably, into HON's Ongoing Environmental Journey
For Release: 10/15/2008
MUSCATINE, IA --Creating an environmentally responsible office doesn't mean you have to sacrifice style for the sake of sustainability. In fact, a new yarn made from pre- consumer and post-consumer waste adds a bit of runway style to office seating from The HON Company.
HON offers REPREVE®, a 100-percent recycled fiber, in two of its seating fabrics, Gio, which uses 44 percent REPREVE® fiber and Charged, which uses 51 percent REPREVE® fiber. These environmentally responsible fabrics are available on more than ninety percent of HON's seating line including Versant™, Cambia™, Pillow-Soft™, Park Avenue™, Alaris™, F3™, and Unanimous®.
Made by Unifi, a world leader in producing polyester and nylon yarns, REPREVE® yarns are made from pre-consumer polyester fiber waste and post-consumer plastics, including PET water and soda bottles. REPREVE® can be found in home and contract furnishings, apparel, legwear and sewing thread, as well as other applications. Originally offered only in polyester, REPREVE® is now also available in nylon 6,6. Fabrics made with REPREVE® are available in the following colors: Onyx, Cherry, Coffee, Ocean, Blueberry, Carob, Autumn, Lagoon, Parsley, Habanero, Cashew, Sprout, Jet, Cardinal.
"These two fabrics made with REPREVE® enhance our commitment to sustainability and the environment," says Kandice Tjebkes, HON's manager, surface materials. "We take our eco-leadership position seriously, as does Unifi and the fabric mills that convert REPREVE® into fashion textiles for contract furniture. It's a perfect combination, and we're thrilled we can offer these stylishly sustainable fabrics exclusively in our seating lines."
HON and Unifi share a strong sense of environmental responsibility and believe recycling and sustainable business practices simply are the right thing to do. Both companies have long pursued an environmental journey and consistently look for ways to reduce their impact on the environment in their processes and products.
To raise the bar on their sustainability claims, both companies make third-party product certification part of their environmental journeys. In the same manner as many HON products, REPREVE® has undergone detailed analysis and testing by Scientific Certification Systems (SCS), a leading third-party certifier and standards developer of environmental and sustainability claims. REPREVE® has received SCS certification for the claim of 100 percent recycled content. This is a perfect complement to the fact that 90 percent of HON's total office seating line is certified SCS Indoor Advantage or Indoor Advantage Gold, meeting the most rigorous standards for indoor air quality.
For more information, visit www.HON.com.
About The HON Company The HON Company is a leader in the design and manufacturing of workplace furniture including chairs, storage, panel systems, tables and desks. Headquartered in Muscatine, Iowa, The HON Company has numerous manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout the United States, and markets its products through a nationwide network of dealers and retailers. The HON Company is an operating company of HNI Corporation (formerly HON INDUSTRIES). For more information, visit www.HON.com.
Unifi, Inc. (NYSE: UFI) is a diversified producer and processor of multi-filament polyester and nylon textured yarns and related raw materials. The Company adds value to the supply chain and enhances consumer demand for its products through the development and introduction of branded yarns that provide unique performance, comfort and aesthetic advantages. Key Unifi brands include, but are not limited to: AIO® - all-in-one performance yarns, SORBTEK®, A.M.Y.®, MYNX® UV, REPREVE®, REFLEXX®, MICROVISTA® and SATURA®. Unifi's yarns and brands are readily found in home furnishings, apparel, legwear, and sewing thread, as well as industrial, automotive, military, and medical applications. For more information about Unifi, visit www.Unifi.com, or to learn more about REPREVE®, visit www.Repreve.com.
- Unifi Takes Active Role in Sustaining Manufacturing in the Americas- Congress Passes Correction to Free Trade Legislation
- Fusion Customers to Support Eco-Charities, Help Ford through REPREVE Save 2 Million Plastic Bottles from Landfills
- Spring Commencements Go Green Giving New Life to Nearly Seven Million Bottles
- Unifi partners with Greensboro Children's Museum on 'Larger Than Life' Exhibit
- Ford, REPREVE to Recycle 2 Million Plastic Bottles Back into the New 2012 Focus Electric and Other Vehicles
- Seat Fabric in All-New Ford Focus Electric Uses Waste To Create a Better World
- Unifi Hosts Senator Richard Burr and Congressman Brad Miller
- Unifi Launches the REPREVE® Textile Takeback Program- Polartec to team up with Unifi in a first of its kind recycling program
- Unifi Celebrates the Grand Opening of its REPREVE® Recycling Center
- Unifi Celebrates 40th Anniversary with Dedication to Founder Allen Mebane
- Ribbon Cutting Marks the Opening of Unifi Central America
- Unifi Textiles (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. Expands Sustainable Product Line with Introduction of REPREVE® Recycled Fully Drawn Filament Polyester
- Haggar Chooses Unifi’s REPREVE® Recycled Fiber for “Green” Line of Pants
- SunBelt Biofuels Business acquired by REPREVE Renewables
- Unifi Expands Commitment to Sustainability
- REPREVE Helps Designers Design a Better World
- Unifi Celebrates 40th Anniversary of Earth Day through Education
- Rest Assured with Bekaert Textile’s New Collection Made with REPREVE®
- Polartec, LLC and Unifi Announce Partnership
- Unifi Continues to Grow Globally
- Unifi Featured on CNBC’s Sustainability Series -People, Planet & Profit
- REPREVE® and BlueAvocado Join Forces to Educate Consumers on "What's Out, Is In"
- Unifi Chosen for Travel Channel’s “Extreme Mega Factories” Television Segment
- INVISTA’s CORDURA® Brand Team Unveils New Sustainable Fabric
- The REPREVE® Recycled Fiber Family Just Keeps Growing: REPREVE® now available with 100% Post-Consumer PET Bottles
- Sun-Drop Race Team Apparel Goes Green with REPREVE® Recycled Fiber from Unifi
- Unifi Introduces First Recycled Polyester Fiber with Inherent Flame Retardant Technology: Momentum Textiles Selects Unifi's New Repreve® FR for Contract Line
- Unifi Expands the REPREVE® Product Offering with the Introduction of REPREVE® Polyester Staple Fiber: 100% Recycled Polyester Staple Fiber is the Newest Addition to the REPREVE® Family
- Unifi Announces Online Fabric Certification for Branded Products
- Television Series "How It's Made" to Feature Unifi's REPREVE® Yarn in January 2009: First Airing Dates Announced
- The HON Company Introduces REPREVE® Recycled Yarns to its Seating Fabrics: The Use of New 100-Percent Recycled Polyester Yarns Fits Comfortably, and Fashionably, into HON's Ongoing Environmental Journey
- Unifi's 100% Recycled REPREVE® Nylon 6,6 Now Available in China
- Unifi Launches Repreve.com: New Eco-Focused Site Engages Consumers in Recycled Product, Supporting the Environment
- Unifi's REPREVE® 100% Recycled Yarn Now Available in Nylon 6,6: Leading Synthetic Yarn Producer to Launch Recycled Nylon Product at Outdoor Retailer Show
- Unifi's REPREVE® Yarn Selected for the Television Series "How It's Made": First U.S. Textile Mill to Appear on Show